Christmas is coming and for those who choose to observe the seasonal celebrations, there’s a lot to do. There are lists to write, gifts to buy, cards to send, people to please and white lies to tell—so it’s just as well it happens but once a year.
Everything and everyone is telling us what a happy time it is, so why can it end up feeling like work?
We take a look at some of the obligations to fulfil during this most seasonal of seasons and share several personal stories. Hopefully for context and comfort, but you are also welcome to enjoy our misfortune and mild misanthropy.
Download Show 3 [MP3, 27.8 MB]
- According to Wikipedia: Santa Claus
- Thought Bubble Comic Arts Festival, Leeds
- According to Wikipedia: Atari 2600
- YouTube: Atari 2600 commercial ↓
- “How to reduce Christmas obligations” by David DeWitt, Yahoo! Voices; 13 December 2009
- According to Wikipedia: Thompson Local Directory
- Snopes: Did Coca-Cola invent the modern image of Santa Claus?
- Recorded: 28 November 2012
- Running time: 1:00’37
- Bad language: Yes [4x f*ck; 2x sh*t; 6x arsehole]
- Feature image source: http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2012/12/01/the-bad-santa-gallery/
- Archive.org page