We are all prone to bouts of wondering what it is we’re supposed to do with our lives, and it seems one of the most popular answers is to be happy. Our governments and corporations wish for us to be happy as much as our nearest and dearest do.
Whilst all this goodwill is lovingly received, can we even begin to understand what our pursuit of happiness really means? Why is happiness the emotion that wins out amongst all others, and do we risk confusing it with a sense of contentment?
It’s a densely packed hour as Steev and Nick discuss emotions, the value of dogs, and share their own perspectives and experiences from their happiness pursuits.
Download Show 18 [MP3, 27.4 MB]
- According to Wikipedia: Happiness
- According to Wikipedia: Emotion
- YouTube: “Happiness” by Ken Dodd ↓
- YouTube: Hamlet Cigar commercial starring Gregor Fisher ↓
- According to Wikipedia: Curb Your Enthusiasm
- YouTube: Curb Your Enthusiasm—Larry doesn’t want any pie ↓
- According to Wikipedia: Qualia
- According to Wikipedia: Entente Cordiale
- According to Wikipedia: Timmy Mallett
- Timmy Mallett website
- According to Wikipedia: Christopher Biggins